NEWS & EVENTS
TERENA Networking Conference (TNC15)
Brazilian Symposium on Computer Networks and Distributed Systems 2016
Internet2 Global Summit 2016
AmLight ExP Activates First US – Latin America 100G Networking Link Enhancing Infrastructure for Research and Education
Angola Cables & Americas Lightpaths Consortium Sign Memorandum of Understanding
Open Networking Summit 2016
2016 Network Performing Arts Production Workshop
AMPATH : The International Exchange Point for Research & Education Networking in Miami
AMPATH (ASN 20080) is a high-performance Internet exchange point in Miami, Florida, which facilitates peering and network research between U.S. and international research and education networks. The exchange point, located at the NAP of the Americas, is a collaborative effort providing to its connectors:
- Access to Internet2 network
- Access to Florida LambdaRail (FLR)
- Access to AMPATH connectors and peers
- Access to the Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
- AtlanticWave Layer2 Transport service for national research networks
- Commodity Internet service through AMPATH's multi-homed connections to Tier-1 providers
- Settlement Free peering to networks, such as Google, Akamai, gTLDs, Verisign, Limelight and others...
- Collocation Space
- Smart Hands and Engineering Service
- 120 Gbps of upstream bandwidth capacity via AtlanticWave and FLR
AMPATH provides a variety of connection technologies:
- Layer2 Ethernet connections, up to 100 Gigabits per second.
- Standard interface configuration includes support for jumbo frames, as well as IPv4 and IPv6 unicast and multicast services
- AMPATH can offer collocation space for connectors that would like to house their equipment in Miami, at its exchange point facilities at the NAP of the Americas.