|AMPATH - The International Exchange Point for Research & Education Networking in Miami
AMPATH (ASN 20080) is a high performance exchange
point in Miami, Florida which facilitates peering and network research
between U.S. and international research and education networks. The
exchange point, located at the NAP of the Americas, is a collaborative effort providing to its partners:
- Access to Internet2's Abilene
- Access to all Florida LambdaRail (FLRnet) peers
- Access to all AMPATH peers
- Layer 2 access to partner National LambdaRail (NLR) through AtlanticWave
- Layer 2 access to the Energy Sciences Network (ESNet) through AtlanticWave
- Commodity service ( through AMPATH's multi-homed Tier1 commodity providers: Level3, Telecom Italia/Sparkle, Cogent Communications
- Settlement Free peering via NAP of
the America's Peering Fabric to network such as Google, Akamai, gTLDs,
Verisign, Limelight and others...
- Collocation Space
- Smart Hands and Engineering Service
AMPATH provides a variety of connections to peers.
Layer 2 Ethernet services are provided
by a Cisco 7609 ethernet switch as well as a Foundry FastIron400
Ethernet switch. Both of these support connection speeds ranging from
10/100 Mbps to 1/10 Gbps.
A Cisco ONS 15454 supports PoS (
Packet over Sonet ) connections at OC-3, OC-12 and OC-48 speeds as well
as SDH connections ranging at STM-1, STM-4 and STM-16 speeds. As
a further note, AMPATH also currently employs and supports Ethernet
over POS/SDH circuits by making use of the ONS's advanced ML-1000-2
card Gigabit interfaces.
A Lucent CBX 500 currently also
accepts ATM connections at a DS-3 and OC-3 level. We currently
also support Ethernet over ATM ( RFC 1483 ) connections over these
At Layer3 AMPATH Supports IPv4 and
IPv6 unicast and multicast services. Our standard interface
configuration includes support for jumbo frames.